Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Acetate card

Hiya!
Yesterday, I was doing some "fake" shopping on the internet (I can do that for hours), and I came across a tutorial on an acetate card. It has been a very long time since I made one of these, so I decided to take out the acetate and see what happened.
I loooove these cards, because they are different, and altough they dont tend to have a lot of writing space (at least in my case), people love them!
Here is the card:

For this card, I followed one of the sketches for this month's HA contest, at least I tried too, ha.
I just stamped the Large Flower from HA with white StazeOn over the front of the card. I cut some white cardstock with my silhouette for the stamped and inside panels. I stamped the wedding cake and Congratulations stamp from HA and mask the cake so I could colour the background. I used Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade with my ink applicator.
I glued some ribbon aroung the card and then I placed my stamped image.

As you can see, the writing panel is behind the stamp image, and I glued a white piece of cardstock over the back of both pannels, to cover the glue that could be seen through the acetate. I use some diamond stickles over the cake flowers, just to add some shine, as I didnt want to colour the cake.
Hope you liked it, and if you have never tried an acetate card, give it a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! Your comments always make my day!

¡Muchas gracias! ¡Vuestros comentarios siempre me alegran el dia!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...