Friday, November 18, 2011

Hero Arts and Simon Says Stamp Challenges

Hi everyone! Finally Friday, so that is good, and hopefully I will get lots of crafty things done this weekend. Are you having any crafty time this weekend?
But before it starts, I wanted to share with you a card:
I decided to go for the color combination challenge at Hero Arts this month,
and I combined it with the current Simon Says Stamp "thanks" Challenge.
I started by coloring a panel of white cardstock with Broken china distress ink, applying most of the ink on the edges. Then I stamped the Flower Dot Pattern over it with the same ink, but before stamping it, I removed some of the ink from the stamp, to make it look more distressed. 
Then I stamped the sentiment onto some white cardstock using Gathered Twigs distress ink (from the fall limited edition pack). The sentiment was too long for what I wanted, so I cut it in "half", and I can stamp it together again whenever I want to. That is why you have to love clear stamps ;)
Anyway, I took another strip of white cardstock and colored it using Gathered twigs and a foam applicator. Glued the sentiment over this panel and then glued this to the front of the card. Distressed then all the edges using the paper distresser, and applied more Broken China ink.
For the flower, I started by coloring some white cardstock with promarkers in pink and green, and then I stamped the flower and the leave a couple of times. For the flower I used Gathered Twigs ink and for the leaves, Peeled Paint. Hand cut everything and added some shading to the leaves using the same ink and an applicator.
I decorated the edges of the flower with Diamond Stickles. I used a brush to apply it, cause I didn't want a lot of glitter, and then I covered it with Glossy Accents. Added the flower to the front of the card and finished!


Hope you liked the card, and thanks for stopping by today, and before I go, I want to share with you some good news. Today I was awarded the "Honorable Gnome" over at the Lawnscaping blog, for their "thanks" challenge
Yay!!!! Thank you Lawnscaping!!! They will be posting their new challenge on Monday, so don't miss it!!
Have a good weekend!!!





1 comment:

  1. Beautiful use of the colors, Cris! Love your gorgeous flower!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! Your comments always make my day!

¡Muchas gracias! ¡Vuestros comentarios siempre me alegran el dia!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...