Saturday, April 21, 2012

Window Woodgrain Card

Hi everyone!
How was your week? I was quite busy, so I want to make sure I catch up with crafting this weekend. I am taking the new Online Card Class: A cut above, and I am loving it! If you are interested in die cutting, go over there and sign up!
Here is today's card:
I started by die cutting a card with a window, using one of Hero Arts die cuts for the Silhouette. I used Powder layering paper turned inside out, so the blue peaked through the window. For the front panel, I cut the same window out of Neenah Desert Storm cardstock. I stamped it with the Woodgrain stamp using one of the new mid-tone inks: Cup O'Joe. Love it!!!!
Then I took a piece of acetate, and stamped the Exotic Bloom with white StazOn ink. Then I placed the acetate between the card and the front panel gluing everything together. 
I wanted the borders of the card to be darker, so using an ink applicator and the Cup O'Joe ink, I added color to the edges of the card. Then, I made the banner with the sentiment, using Powder and Poppy papers, and glued it with dimensionals over the window. Added a couple of pearls to finish it off.
Here you have a close up of the window:
I really love that effect! I will be entering this card into the current challenge over at A Blog Named Hero:
And into the gallery at the A Cut Above class:
Hope you liked it and have a great weekend!!! Thanks for stopping by!


27 comments:

  1. Totally gorgeous. Just love the colors and amazing window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, love how the white flower pops in the window!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous! Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fabulous window card! Love the color combo too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is this ever STUNNING! I love the white flowers peeking through the window! Love it, Cris!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love love this - so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card....Love the colors and the window!! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous...loving the pretty white flowers with the blue! Great window design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful. Really effective and awesome stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow wow wo wow wowowowowowowowowow

    *thud*

    I dont even know what to say about this card! SO SO AMAZING!

    Thank you so much for entering our Window Card Challenge!

    Good Luck!

    Linda

    A Blog Named Hero

    PS I love your new profile pic! You look so gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous - brilliant depth to the woodgrain and perfect stamping on the acetate :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wowzers! That is gorgeous! I love that you turned the layering paper so the blue would show. I love that woodgrain texture and that flower stamped in white is a-maz-ing! I like your new profile pic too :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love your cards! this one is so sooo beautiful! love what you did with colors

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card! I like the effect of the acetate, I think I'm also going to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Elegant and Beautifully rustic, I love this! Thanks for playing along at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cristina this is so stunning!! Love that woodgrain! The colours are stunning too :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. AH-MAZE-ING!!! Absolutely magnificent! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is totally gorgeous!! I LOVE it! I'm always amazed by your cards, you're a master!

    ReplyDelete
  19. amazeballs! that's all :) thanks so much for playing along with our Challenge #2 at A Blog Named Hero

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just gorgeous! I love the serene color palette and the elegant die cut within your window. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow Cristina this is AMAZING! Really beautiful card girlie :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is just gorgeous! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Holy, Christmas! That's a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love everything about this card!

    Kris in Alaska

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! Your comments always make my day!

¡Muchas gracias! ¡Vuestros comentarios siempre me alegran el dia!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...