Thursday, September 27, 2012

Some new Lawn Fawn (for me)

Hello Hello!
Today I have a card for you that I made for the current (not for very long, cause I'm always late) challenge over at Lawnscaping.
I thought it was about time to start making Halloween cards, although we don't celebrate it here and I'm probably never gonna use them. I got the "happy hunting" stamp set from Lawn Fawn a couple of weeks ago, and although it's not one of the new ones, I was super excited to get it, cause it's super cute!!
The challenge over at Lawnscaping is to use text on your card:
To add the text to my card, I stamped the long sentiment from that set several times just on the center of the card base. I like how it looks with the picture frame over the top.
Now, I'm not really sure if Lawn Fawn has tombstone stamps, but I know I don't have any, so I decided to make my own. I used this:
Sorry for the bad pic, but I had to use my phone for that one (ups!). Anyway, I thought that the door of the spooky house, was perfect for it. I just colored it, cut it out and wrote RIP with a black marker over it. Here you have a close up of the end result:
So there you go, just start looking at your stamps to see if you can use them in a different way! You still have a couple of hours left in this challenge, so if you have time, give it a go!
Also, this week is "Anything goes" over at Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog, so I will be entering that too.
Thanks for stopping by!



6 comments:

  1. This is SOOO cute, Cris! Your coloring and shading is incredible! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, this is great!! I LOVE this card!!
    Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping :)
    xx Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  3. very clever way of making tombstones!! and i absolutely LOVE your coloring :) thank you for playing along with lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, how inventive! Brilliant card, Cris :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! I love the color, great blending. And so super creative with the tombstone! I would have NEVER thought to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Cris, I love hoe you've stamped the sentiment and your colouring is beautiful.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! Your comments always make my day!

¡Muchas gracias! ¡Vuestros comentarios siempre me alegran el dia!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...